Check out the other writing prompts here.
Some dialogue starters:
- “There are consequences to your actions, you know this – it puts us all….”
- “This can’t be any different than when we….”
- “You watched me lie there, I would think that….”
- “But I am young, so what…”
Check out the last writing prompts here!
- In a rush, your character bumps into someone while not paying attention. Both knock a plethora of items onto the ground, jumbled and mixed together. They gather their things and continue on their way…. by the time your character gets home they notice that there’s something that’s not theirs.
- Your character needs to change appearances quickly in order to not get caught. There’s only a few things that they can grab to do so.
- Give your character a memory associated with the color maroon.
Here’s a link to the previous prompt.
Welcome to my first writing prompt. I wanted to write this to help writers understand their characters more with the three below:
1. Give your character an animal familiar and create a short story that involves the familiar talking to your character about their previous life or lives.
2. Have your character interact with a secondary or tertiary character, have them talk or interact with each that they wouldn’t normally do or expect to.
3. If your character could speak another language, what would it be and how would it serve them if you introduce it in your manuscript.