Did I finish my novel on time?
I originally planned to finish my novel Dec. 15. However, a graduate school application was due on the same date. In the beginning, I attempted to do both. It was a little stressful; I was trying to rewrite the beginning of Torque as well as finish the current draft.
So I decided it would be better concentrate on making my writing sample the best it could be. During my lunch break at work, I would hack away at it—mostly with editing, making sure I used the correct words and so on.
And those that read my previous post about school, know that it didn’t work out in my favor. So now, this brings me here: a couple of months into the year with a new deadline. March 28, 2018.
I’m thousands of words behind my writing schedule, according to the days I marked in the Scrivener app, which are Monday through Saturday. Sunday was intended as a rest day, but not so much now.
In order to combat this, I’ll be dedicating my mornings to writing sessions until the deadline. There will be a couple of days where this may not be possible, but I will make it work.
In the past, when I participated in NaNoWriMo, I journaled about how the sessions went and where I stopped if I had go somewhere. I thought it would be best to pick this little habit back up, just to document how this all went.
I decided to keep the short entries contained to my bullet journal near my new word count tracker.
I’m also taking the approach of writing in scenes and out of order. The scenes are things that have been on my mind for months or days and are easier to get down on the page. This allows me to fill in the blanks and spur motivations to link what’s written.
I should’ve started writing out of order months ago. I am a little over 94K words in, with about 40K to go. It’s a little overwhelming to think about, but I have scenes written down for the majority of my remains chapters.
When the deadline passes, I’ll make another blog post in April about how finishing my manuscript went.